Telecommunicator Emergency Response Taskforce (TERT)
What is TERT?
- A taskforce with trained responders able to quickly travel and provide assistance to a 9-1-1 center
- The idea first started following Hurricane Katrina
- Similar teams now exist around the country to help communities in a disaster
How is Oregon TERT activated?
- A 9-1-1 center determines a need for extra staffing
- A request is made to the Oregon Office of Emergency Management (OEM) for assistance
- OEM contacts the Oregon TERT State Coordinator
- The Oregon TERT is activated and sent the impacted 9-1-1 center
Interested in becoming involved with Oregon TERT? Click here
Contact George Long, Oregon TERT State Coordinator